Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reminder - tie-on pillow finishing class

Just a little reminder that the tie-on pillow finishing class is in 2 weeks time, 24th and 25th of March. I used the finishing method on one of my stitched pieces today so that I could write the tutorial and take photos and it's all done and ready to go!

I know a few people are interested in this, so if you haven't decided yet, maybe this will help make up your mind:

tieonpillowmain.jpg


Heart in Hand - Little House in the Woods


Details of materials required for the class can be found here. Cindy asked recently if the design had to be rectangular; I've never tried this type of finishing with a square design, but I think it would be fine. You might want to use 2 lengths of narrower ribbon each side to make your bows, one near the top and one near the bottom, rather than having one central bow, but I think it would look good as a square version of my rectangular pillow.


So, dig through your finished pieces or, if you haven't anything suitable, dig through your charts and stitch something up ready to join in! It doesn't have to be a large design - the one above is only 3.5"x5.5" including the fabric margin :-)



Posted by KarenV

No comments:

 

Made by Lena